Friday, June 26, 2020

Covid Cafe: Shaved Asparagus, Prosciutto, and Goat Cheese Frittata.


Hello chefs. Are you enchanted as I am when you see a horse in a city? If so, check out Chicago's Dread Head Cowboy here. He's got some good energy. Then have a look at Rob's superb summer meal. Pretty in pictures.


Adam Hollingsworth, 33, otherwise known as “The Dread Head Cowboy,” rides his horse Prince in the Loop, Tuesday afternoon, June 16, 2020.
Ashlee Rezin Garcia/Sun-Times 


Rob writes: I bought four HUGE cucumbers last Saturday at the farmers market and realized this morning that their time was soon to expire.  So I made two batches of cucumber salad, creamy and Asian.  After working like a dog all day fighting a project that zaps my interest I thought a good dinner would be a remedy.

I riffed on the recipe and decided to roll the goat cheese bits in fresh oregano and I kept the asparagus tips intact and softened them in the pan with some white balsamic.  First stop after assembly was the stove top.

After it begins to cook, transfer to the broiler for a finishing. It’s a beaut!
 

And it plated up nicely with the cucumbers.

(find the recipe here)

Thought for Today
“If your voice held no power, they wouldn’t try to silence you.” - unknown


Music
The Chicks - March March

No comments:

Post a Comment