Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Covid Cafe: Ground Meat Edition


Good day, chefs of Covid Cafe. We put the closed sign up for a couple of hours while we worked this morning, so today's submission is a bit abbreviated, but dear friend Merci is here with a pan full of goodness.

Merci writes: It's grilled beef with potato, green beans, mushrooms, carrots, and red bell pepper, sauteed with garlic and onion, a dash of ground pepper, a little bit of soy sauce, and I wrapped it in a crispy hot pita bread. Glenn has a glass of California Merlot and I have a margarita with the famous Heidi and Lisa’s margarita mix.

(Hmmm. I wonder where she got that recipe...)


We made Spicy Chicken Stir Fry with Celery and Peanuts this week (click here for full recipe), using chopped prunes instead of dates because...well if you have dates on hand you're a better-stocked quaratiner than I. 

We also added chopped ramps in addition to the onion because they're growing everywhere now. Also, using ground chicken (or turkey) is a lot easier than mincing chicken thighs.


Ingredients


For your viewing pleasure, two relaxing videos today

Watch the Duluth Harbor Cam (turn up audio to hear the horns):


Learn to make a no-sew mask (counter-intuitively via Holly, who can sew anything):



Poetry  

Earth Day
I am the Earth
And the Earth is me.
Each blade of grass,
Each honey tree,
Each bit of mud,
And stick and stone
Is blood and muscle,
Skin and bone.

And just as I
Need every bit
Of me to make
My body fit,
So Earth needs
Grass and stone and tree
And things that grow here
Naturally.

That’s why we
Celebrate this day.
That’s why across
The world we say:
As long as life,
As dear, as free,
I am the Earth
And the Earth is me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment