For your Covid collection here’s a simple Greek dish Spanakorizo (spinach rice) that can be a side or main. You can also add good tomato juice for a different layer of flavor in lieu of stock.
- chop 3 green onions and saute a couple minutes in olive oil
- add 1/4 cup chopped parsley, 1/4 cup minced dill, and 6 (or more) cups fresh spinach
- when spinach wilts pour 3/4 cup long grain rice on top
- add 2 cups chicken broth & 2 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
-simmer for about 30 mins and add liquid if necessary
- mix in juice of half lemon and drizzle olive oil before serving; add lemon wedges and fresh dill
-feta cheese is also a nice accompaniment
Cheers and thanks, Alex, for a Greek take on rice, just when we needed it most
This post hosted by a roadrunner
How crazy to know a bird only from a cartoon. Jane in Arizona fixes that with this extraordinary photo.
"Roadrunners are very shy," she says. "This one posed for me."
A cappella genius
remain calm through all the blank spaces or sing back-up